Precious Love

Life is a trip
I can't seem to get high on
Something about the way
The drugs make me feel sane
instead of crazy

But then you gave me
a whole different strain
Something I've been looking for
For quite some time

There's a difference about the way
you make me see the sky.
Not just a blue vastness,
but somehow I can see
our future in the clouds.

Suddenly I'm on this wave
I've tried so hard to ride
Finally seeing the water
for the beauty it has
instead of drowning in its tide

For once, I can feel the wind
instead of watering eyes
it's deep breaths that it gives me
Freshness I've been waiting for

My tears are finally happy
I can feel a warmth
that I've only read about in fairy tales


You make me hopeful
that the young girl
with wide eyes and a dream
can find her prince charming
that he's looking for her too.

I deserve to be high on life
Take me on your trip


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Okay

Social

Religion