Writing? Never Heard of It

Hey readers!! Talk about a well needed break...I'm sure most of you know what it's like to have severe readers block. I think what's happening here is a case of  the ol' overthinking syndrome.

I've been juggling this idea in my mind with about five other plot lines. This story has been haunting me well before I actually sat down to start writing it. I've been planning it for quite some time but haven't really come up with how it's going to end.

The idea actually stems from my experience studying abroad. I was in Florence and a lot of people from my school studied there too. What I learned shortly after being there is that just north of Florence there's a U.S. military base and whenever there was a long weekend, Florence would be swarmed with military men. I became good friends with this one guy that had been in the army since he was old enough to join. I learned about his past and how it was quite different than mine.

I had never really met many people that have gone through experiences such as his and as I thought about it more, I realized how sheltered my life was. I decided to challenge myself by writing from a perspective that I have no relation to at all. I have written and rewritten things so many times to try and get out of my own voice.

So far - I'm feeling unsuccessful, but I'm hoping it gets better with practice. I'm going to keep writing this not so great story. At what pace...that's another thing. I'll post every week, but it might just be bits and pieces. For now, send me some positive vibes and I'll see what I can give you in return!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Okay

Social

Religion